Change a document's image settings
You change a document's image settings when you need to either
exclude images from a document or change the size or color depth
of included images.
To change a document's image settings, follow these steps:
- Go to the document's properties. See
Modify a document's properties
for how to do this.
- Click the Images tab.
- Check or uncheck Include alternative text of images
to include or not include the alternative text of images. The
alternative text of images is text that is intended to provide
a very brief description of an image for viewers that can not
display the image. Usually if you include images in your document,
you leave this setting unchecked.
- Check or uncheck Include images to include or not
include images. Including images can increase a document's
- If you include images, then check or uncheck
Resize large images to have iSiloX resize or not resize
large images. You will usually want to leave this setting
checked so that even originally large images display in their
entirety on the screen rather than requiring you to scroll
around to see different parts.
- Check or uncheck Improve contrast to tell iSiloX
whether you want it to apply processing to improve the contrast
between light and dark in black and white and grayscale images.
- Check or uncheck Dither to tell iSiloX whether or not
to dither images. Dithering improves the look of images at bit depths
less than 16.
- Check or uncheck Compress to tell iSiloX whether or not
to attempt to compress images. The amount of compression varies
depending on image content, but checking the compression option
usually decreases the size of the resulting document.
- Select the color bit depths to include in the document.
For each color bit depth you select, a version of each image
at that bit depth is included.
Image processing does not occur when the document is viewed,
so you must decide at this time which color bit depths to include.
The more bit depths you include, the larger the document.
Document Properties: Images for more on this topic.
- Click OK to accept the new settings.